Thursday, December 29, 2016

New Years DIY

New Years is so soon which means the end of 2016. So, lets make some amazing DIYs to conclude 2016 and move onto 2017. I put lots of work into these DIYs for you all and tried to make them really nice looking and easy to make at the same time.

DIY Flag Banner:

To make this flag banner really easy, I found a template online that you can either cut multiple out or cut one out and use as a stencil. I used both ways and combined them together and you really couldn't tell. I got them from this website.
http://rejuvaluxs.org/banner-template.html

Another option is to look up like "flag banner stencil" or "banner template" on google and pick whichever one you like best out.

When printing these out, you can either print them on the page and keep it portrait or change it so it is landscape. This is actually important because printing it portrait will make the stencil smaller whereas if you print it landscape, your stencil will be soooooo much larger.


On this banner we will be writing "Happy New Year" And I originally wanted to use some letter stencils I already had, but then I couldn't find them and I thought maybe that's actually a good thing because not everyone has letter stencils. So I went online to look for letter stencils and I came across a capitals letter sheet that I thought was perfect.

Same thing as the flags stencil, I just still used portrait style when printing. I just searched "letters stencils" on google to get to this picture and there are also many other options to choose from. I am not including the url because I am not 100% sure if it is going to work. But if you search "letters stencils" on google and come across this picture, this is the one I used.

Image result for letters stencils

Since I didn't have an exacto knife and also I really didn't want to deal with trying to get everything super precise and try to get the middle part in some letters, I just cut those out.

And then I positioned the letter stencil on the flag banner and colored in the letter stencil with marker of my choice. And it actually turned out really well.

DIY 2017 numbers:

For the numbers I just hand drew all these numbers and I used a half sheet of paper so the numbers would be pretty large and visible. You could keep the numbers just the way they are now, but I decided to step it up and make it look super sparkly and amazing by using paint and glitter.

So adding the paint is pretty unessesary. But I did use a clear-ish glitter which looked best on top of a color paint. But feel free to use any color paint or glitter. Also if you are doing both paint and glitter like I did, to save time and money, you can actually apply the glitter on the wet paint so there is no need for glue.

The finished product turned out really good just like the flag banner so here is a picture of that.



lol photographing skills are like -100% for the past two pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the next thing I did was attach these thing to my wall with WASHI TAPE. Washi tape is really great for those parents who worry about having tape on their walls and worrying that it will rip off the paint or things like that. And I don't blame them, but this is a perfect solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to now talk to you all about New Year's. It is known that once the clock strikes midnight that you kiss someone. I just want to let you all know that you should not fell pressured to kiss someone especially if you are not in a relationship. I mean when you were little you didn't kiss someone so why should you feel the pressure to do it now.

And please if you are going to be drinking please take it easy. I know this is probably stupid to hear from a 14 year old but its true. Just be cautious and don't drink so much that you literally black out drunk or do something that you might regret.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you all enjoyed this post. I put a lot of work into this post so I hope you all enjoyed it. I also hope you all had an amazing Christmas and whatever holiday you celebrate and have a happy new year!

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment