Sunday, February 12, 2017

Valentines Day DIY

Valentines Day is in 2 days. And to be honest, I was so close to not making this post. But then I thought, No. I have time, this is a perfect thing to do. I made this post yesterday, and I had a swim meet yesterday and today, and I woke up at 5:30am both days. So I have been pretty wiped. I'm just praying that there is going to be a snow day tomorrow so I can sleep in.


3D Conversation Heart:

Difficulty: πŸŽ¨πŸŽ¨πŸŽ¨πŸŽ¨πŸŽ¨

Supplies✂:
-Paper
-Scissors
-Glue/Tape
-Markers

StepsπŸ“˜:
1. Cut out 2 hearts that are the same size out of a piece of paper
2. Write a phrase on one of the hearts
3. Cut a strip to whatever width you want
4. Cut small rectangles to attach the strip to the heart
5. Attach the strip to the hearts on either side

Ta Da! You have yourself a 3D conversation heart. If you want you can put items inside or just leave it just like that and give it to someone.


"Happy Valentines Day" Banner:

Difficulty: 🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨

Supplies✂:
-Paper
-Scissors
-Tape/Glue
-String (optional)
-Markers

StepsπŸ“˜:
1. Cut out 5 hearts for the word "happy", 9 hearts for the word "valentine", and 3 hearts for the word "day"
2. Write a letter on each heart to spell out the phrase
3. There are 2 options:
Taping your hearts to the wall:
-This is a more simple approach by using washi tape to tape this to the wall and then removing it when needed. Although, this method is more of a one time use thing.
Putting your hearts on a string:
-This method takes more time, but in the end it is possibly better because the sign is reusable. Using hot glue to apply the hearts to the string will make your banner last much longer than it will with tape or regular glue.



I hope you enjoyed this post. I didn't put pictures because I wanted you all to be creative and use your imagination to create these DIYs. (Also I was lazy) I tried to make this post as good as possible, I was really tired yesterday and I am still tired today. I'm thinking about a post about my weekend tomorrow or Tuesday? Comment below what you think. AND, I am going to be posting 7 days from Wednesday to the next next Tuesday. And I am going to be posting for 7 days to help the ladies out there with their period. So get Excited!!!!

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment