Sunday, August 21, 2016

How to: Stay Calm and Positive

I know school is almost here and stress rises with balancing homework, sports, or extra curricular activities. Today, I am here to help you all deal with your stress (and my own stress). Yes, this is part of the back to school series. Unfortunately, with back to school comes stress, I am here to help. Also, we need a name for our back to school series. Comment below some name suggestions.

I think the main source of stress is homework levels. Sometimes when you look at your agenda book and see basically no empty spaces, your brain is going to start yelling, "TOO MUCH TO DO SO LITTLE TIME!!!! TIME TO FREAK OUT!!!" To be honest, this is me. First, take a few deep breaths. In my last post, I showed you all how to prepare your room for back to school. If you did any of these things, then they will come handy here. Maybe looking at your inspiration board will help you get to your goal, even if it is completely unrelated to school. Maybe over the summer on the plane, or a long car ride, you completed some coloring sheets (also from a past post. Here is the link to the website I introduced Everything Etsy). Maybe you put those on your inspiration board.

Now that you have looked at your inspiration board for motivation, maybe stress relieving, lets break down your crammed assignment notebook. I created a Homework Organizer for you all. Let me break it down for you. The first column is the subject (I added a few extra rows for elective hw and languages), the second column is the assignment, the fourth is the date due, the fifth is the priority, and the sixth is notes. For the fifth column, priority, sometimes somethings are due the next day, or you don't have that class tomorrow, or you have a project that isn't due tomorrow. So you would rate it 1 being most urgent and 5 being least urgent. The sixth column notes, is for those teachers who assign you a project not due in a while, but they tell you to start it right away anyway. Or those teachers who announce you have a test soon or sometime.



Next in my back to school room post, I said that it is nice to have a calendar to plan all your tests and projects and assignments. So grab a calendar, whether you already have one or you can make you own on google docs, or by one. Get a cheap calendar though!

And then get working!! Come on you don't have much time, you still want to be able to get a good amount of sleep. I hope you all enjoyed this post and found it helpful, comment below what our back to school series should be named. Also comment below when you are going back to school. I am going back on August 31. New posts every Sunday, and good luck with school.

- Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment