Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pumpkin Carving Designs

It's pretty much a week from Halloween. Is anyone excited? I don't even know if I am going trick or treating or not. I don't know what my friends are doing. If they aren't going, I guess I could go with my little sister. But anyway, it is time to decorate! Some people I know have been planning their Halloween stuff like outfit and decorations since August. I think it is a bit crazy. One essential of fall and Halloween is to have a pumpkin. At first it is probably plain but then when it becomes closer to Halloween, you carve it or decorate it. Here are some examples.


This one I thought was super cool. But I honestly don't have any artistic ability to do this. But this technique is just carving the dark orange layer on the outside so when you put a candle on the inside it shines through but with this you can do more intricate designs. You know how with some designs you need to make sure it all connects if you cut all the way through. Like if you want to do a witch flying in front of a moon, you need to leave some pumpkin uncut so it stays connected.


This is a picture of a simple cut out that you could do on your pumpkin which is usually what people do. Instead of just doing a traditional design like this, it is a possibility to do emojis. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I am still thinking about making a twitter if I haven't mentioned this already, should I make one? I would post like the plan for the month in posts and stuff from personal life or interesting things I find off the internet. What do you think? Comment below. Next Sunday I have my last Halloween post which is last minute DIY Halloween costumes. 

Happy Halloween,
- Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment