Sunday, July 31, 2016

Essentials: On a Plane

So it's literally a day away from August. That could mean that you are doing a last minute trip somewhere, or coming back from a place where you spent a whole summer. Maybe you need to take a plane. In that case, it's your lucky day, I have a list of essentials that you need on your plane ride no matter how long it may be.

1. The first essential I think you should have is a notebook and pens. Every time I travel on a plane, I have a notebook and I really like that because I am able to right things down, generate ideas for my blog or other things, or create lists of what I want to do where I'm going. I also like to sometimes doodle, like drawing eyes, eyebrows, faces, and people. I know I'm not the best drawer though. You could also create a story about yourself, or someone else even. You can get notebooks at staples and target or even use one leftover from school, but I recommend getting one from target because they can be pretty cheap.

2. The second essential I think is headphones. On a plane you need headphones to listen to music or watch movies. Sometimes the planes provide headphones but I'm pretty sure they aren't the best quality. I know that if you have an iPhone that it came with headphones so you can use those, or you can probably get some of of amazon or go to Best Buy or something like that.

3. The third essential you should bring is an eye mask. I know that planes provide these, and I think they are really useful but sometimes uncomfortable. But it is pretty annoying because I've found that planes only turnoff their lights for about an hour almost like past midnight or something. It's ridiculous. Also if you are one of those people who fall asleep the minute you sit on the plane, it may help to wear this? But if you are sensitive to light when you sleep, this will definitely help block out the light. Because even when the lights are off on the plane, it isn't pitch black.

4. I think the fourth essential should be coloring sheets. You know when you get on a plane and your on it early so you can't just go onto the screens, you have to wait like a while. Or maybe you are coloring to help reduce your stress or anxiety. I mean it is a bit crazy that you  are putting your whole life in the hands of 2 or 3 people. That is why I don't want to become a pilot. Anyway, you can get coloring sheets off random websites or google. I found this website Everything Etsy which has a lot of different coloring sheets for adults or basically anyone. There is one of an elephant that I have seen a lot of people at my school do. (I took a screenshot but on the website you can get a larger version)



5. Definitely another essential is snacks because the packet of peanuts and pretzels and occasional beverages just aren't enough. I would pack stuff like chips, or more pretzels, whatever you want. But no liquids, because if you are bringing liquids through security, they will test it and then they will make you drink it... That was from personal experience. But in those shops by the gates you can get food. It might be expensive, but it is probably the only good thing you will have until you reach your destination. To be honest, I don't think plane food is that good. If you fly Delta, from personal experience, if your flight is delayed twice at the gate you get food and drinks. Like cookies and chips (I grabbed like 5 bags of chips and it was great).

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I'm sorry I was writing so much as I usually do. Once on a plane I was waiting for the bathroom with this man and one person was in the bathroom for a really long time and he was like "they must be really stuck." -"Yeah." I was pretty funny I have to admit. New posts every Sunday!

- Caroline ðŸ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment