Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cake by the Ocean - Cape Cod Week Trip

A few weeks ago I visited Cape Cod for a week. I went there for my little sister's birthday, she's turning 5. At Cape Cod, we had many adventures. Biking, Kayaking, Swimming, and Boogie boarding. If you are not familiar with the concept of boogie boarding, then you should be, it is close to surfing somewhat. There will be a post all about it soon. I spent a lot of my time in the ocean which yes, is cold, but if you throw on a t-shirt or rash guard, you'll be fine. I sometimes have sinus problems and ocean salt water is great for it. Here's the trick, literally inhale the ocean water and then blow it out, all through your nose. There will also be a post soon about benefits of salt water or something like that. When my sister's birthday came around we had a Carvel ice cream cake, you can never go wrong with an ice cream cake. Then at the end of the day we hit the beach to do sparklers, they are always so much fun. On the 4th of July, my family went to go see the fireworks. Since my sister is only 5, we only saw a little bit of the fireworks. I realized that fireworks are just the same and they just get repeated throughout the show. We also had a bonfire on the beach one day. We had hot dogs cooked over the flame, and corn, and then for dessert, we had marshmallows!!

I have to say there were some really amazing sunsets seen on this trip. I also got nicely sunburnt as well. And being a ginger, you are first red as a lobster, and then it usually turns all freckled and rarely a tan. I think in my case I got tan and freckled. And now, my skin is dry... And also peeling... But in the end it was all so much fun and I am so glad that I got an oportunity to go to Cape Cod and have so many awesome adventures there. On Cape Cod there are some surfing schools there so next year, I may learn to surf! That will be something to check off my bucket list! ðŸ˜Š

I hope you all enjoyed this post and getting a look into my personal life. There will be some more soon. Below there are 8 pictures that I have selected from the many pictures that I took on this trip. New posts every Sunday!

- Caroline

















No comments:

Post a Comment