Sunday, May 28, 2017

Generated Writing Prompt 2

“At birth, everyone has a date of when they will die tattooed on their arm. You were supposed to die yesterday.”
Today, April 6, 2017, was my last day to live. On my arm was the date 4/6/17 was the day I was going to die, at the end of the day. Some people had a long life, some people had a short life. Unfortunately, mine was going to be short. I was only 25. I had lived up my life pretty well knowing that I was going to die young. I had gone to coachella 5 times, gone to Ariana Grande concerts, gone to Disneyworld and Disneyland, Graduated College, gotten drunk and high (because yolo), and many other things. I wasn’t ready though. I felt like this day would never come, and now here it was. It was currently 3:00am and I was going to the airport. Since this was my last day, I would live it up my checking things off my bucket list and going places that I had always wanted to go, and every minute counted.
In that case, I was flying first class to my first stop, Hawaii. I wanted to go there, see the volcanoes, swim in the ocean, take amazing pictures. I was only going to stay there a few hours. I arrived in Hawaii early, so I went to the beach watched the sunrise, took pictures and went swimming. Next stop was the volcanoes. I stayed there for about another hour and a half and then it was time to head back to the airport and go back home. Next I was going to do a good deed and help the homeless. I wanted to die happy. As I was helping an old woman she said, “Sweetie, this is your last day?” “Yes ma'am.” “God bless you, thank you for helping me. You for sure will be going to heaven.” “It’s the best I can do ma’am.” I suddenly broke into tears. I was trying to make my day jam packed so I wouldn’t have to think about dieing. I was making myself blind to that thought. But as time was ticking, I realized that I didn’t want to die. I would have definitely wanted to be the old woman. Lived a long happy life and yet still alive. I got a glimpse at her arm, she wasn’t supposed to die until 12 more years. She just sat with me comforting me. It really helped, I stopped crying and thanked her for her help, and went on with my day.
Next was to pamper myself. Get a nice facial, and acrylic nails. So I went to the nail salon and got pink almond shaped acrylics. They looked so nice, so I snapped a few pictures. I was going to post these pictures later today on my instagram. It didn’t matter how many times I posted, my reason was that it was my last day. During my facial, I also took a picture.
Not sure what to do next, I called over my friends and we binge watched shows for a few hours. Then I posted some of my instagram pictures. Unfortunately, it was getting late. We went to a nice restaurant for dinner and I spent some time by myself during my last few hours. I cried a lot. I didn’t want to go. When I finally calmed myself down, I went to bed at 11:00pm. It wouldn’t matter how late I went to bed, but I didn’t want to be awake while dieing.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of bird outside of my window. Distraught, I looked at my clock, it was noon. Then it hit me… “WHAT THE FUCK?!” I quickly checked my arm. It still said 4/6/17. I wasn’t hallucinating. But how was it possible? I’M SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD! I pinched myself so many times thinking it was a dream, but no, it was a reality…

No comments:

Post a Comment