Sunday, May 14, 2017

Generated Writing Prompt 1

“‘In my free time, I sank ships’”
I hated school. Everyday I would walk in and try to fit in. But I didn’t. I was a fish out of the water, literally. My parents were both mermaids. The only reason why I was on land, was because of this magical necklace. No one could ever take it off of me. I lived alone on land. My parents sent me up here in the fall for me to get a better education. So now, I was an “orphan” high schooler. I lived in a foster home unfortunately the parents had a son, who was the most popular kid in school, Eric. Eric was a major fuckboy. I don’t even know how his parents allowed this. He is only 15! School was a hell hole and getting bullied didn’t make it any better. I had an accent. Us mermaids didn’t speak English. I had to learn it in the ocean before surfacing. When I am finished with school, I plan to jump right back into the ocean, forget all my English and NEVER go back.


School and homework took up all my time. Sometimes I did have some free time though. In my freetime, I sank ships. I know it sounds crazy. I would tell my foster parents that I was going to the mall. I would go out walk to a bus stop, take the bus in the direction of the mall so they wouldn’t get suspicious, then take another bus to the ocean. Then, I would go swimming, and deactivate my necklace that kept me a human. Sinking ships is a normal thing for mermaids. If you want a new house, sink a ship and that can be your house. We don’t like humans so we don’t feel bad doing so.

Swimming far out, I finally came across the perfect ship. I did my “magic” to bring the ship underwater. Slowly overtime, it came down slowly falling to the bottom of the ocean. I saw the people in the boat try to swim out and get to the surface. When they were not even a quarter of the way there, they stopped and their now dead bodies drifted to the bottom of the ocean. I small evil laugh escaped my lips, as I swam back to shore, and turned back into a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment